Job Title: Associate Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Security clearance: Existing UK SC clearance or eligibility for SC clearance required
Cintra is an enterprise multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud, successfully moving some of the largest applications and database workloads to private and public cloud platforms. The company has a global presence with offices in New York, Dallas, UK, Dubai and India.
We have an immediate need for an Associate Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer to join our talented cloud operations and delivery team based out of the UK. In addition to intermediate infrastructure and basic cloud experience we are looking for candidates looking to develop further expertise in cloud and automation. Candidates must also be strong self-starters able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
Existing UK government SC clearance or eligibility for UK SC clearance is a requirement for this role. Eligibility requires (but is not limited to) 5 years permanent residence in the UK with no period exceeding 28 days spent outside the UK.
• The position involves an 80/20 split between production support and project delivery:
o 80% 2nd and 3rd level production support of Linux and Windows based cloud hosted enterprise application platforms across the OCI, AWS, GCP and Azure cloud platforms.
The individual will work closely with the rest of the Cintra operations team in managing medium to large scale cloud environments.
o 20% project delivery of new client projects. The project delivery part of the role involves working with the delivery team engineers, DBAs and architects in taking projects from presales stage through delivery to handover into production.
• The role will involve a degree of autonomy, and it is expected the individual will take ownership of problems and solutions whilst working collaboratively with the rest of the engineering team.
• Technically the individual will provide support and engineering across cloud platforms, networking as well as Linux and Windows ecosystems, with an emphasis on developing and utilising scripting and automation skills.
• The individual filling this position is expected to provide production support ownership, tracking and resolving cloud and platform infrastructure related tasks.
• The individual will also be responsible for initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes to the senior team.
Systems Skills Requirements
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, ideally with cloud exposure.
• Robust experience with Linux distributions (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Debian, Ubuntu etc.).
• Intermediate working experience with Windows O/S platform and Active Directory.
• Networking skills covering DNS, VPNs, WANs, LANs, switching, load balancers and firewalls in on premise and cloud environments.
• Systems monitoring with vendor provided and open-source monitoring platforms.
• Exposure to system automation through tools like:
• Linux shell, Bash, Perl, Python.
• Windows scripting using PowerShell, VBS, VBA.
• Exposure to virtualization platforms, such as: VMware, XEN, OVM/KVM.
• Basic understanding of version control, preferably Git & BitBucket, would be advantageous.
Cloud Skills Requirements
• Exposure to (or a great interest in learning) one or more cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP or Oracle OCI clouds.
• Understanding of cloud concepts including virtual networking, IaaS services, PaaS services.
• Management of cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
Optional Skills Requirements
• Optional exposure to Oracle database, SQL Server and or Postgres/MySQL.
• Awareness of application middleware technologies such as Tomcat, Jboss.
• Exposure to Oracle engineered systems including Exadata, ODA and ZFS.
Soft Skills Requirements
• The ability to work well with internal and customers facing teams is a requirement.
• Communication – both written and verbal – are very important skills in this role.
• Strong collaboration skills and knowledge of collaboration tools.
• Strong self-starter able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
• Time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in high pressure situations.
Qualifications and Certifications
• Education: BE or B.Tech or any other related professional degree preferred.
• Any cloud based certifications – AWS, OCI, GCP, Azure – are desirable.
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.