Date: 5th February 2019
Location: Emirates Aviation Experience, London, UK
Timings: 18:00 Registration
18:15 Opening address, welcome and presentations
20:00 Drinks, canapés and exhibition tour
During an evening drinks and canapés reception hosted by Maginus, Cintra, Oracle and Equinix, we’ll explore how the popular Maginus OMS cloud platform unleashes greater flexibility, customer-centricity and innovation for retailers.
Maginus OMS is a scalable, resilient back-office solution for retail, designed especially for ecommerce, mail order and fulfilment businesses. It gives these organizations everything they need to support trading operations.
What you’ll get out of the event:
- An overview of the Maginus OMS cloud platform and how it can help you innovate with less risk, get new offerings to market faster, scale to meet trading peaks and eradicate the costs associated with running this critical part of your business on-premises
- An overview of Cintra’s award-winning cloud architecture expertise, which ensures Maginus OMS in the cloud is able to meet your stringent availability, performance and security requirements
- The latest retail-specific cloud innovation from Oracle’s commerce experts
- How Equinix’s global interconnection platform supports digital transformation in the retail sector
You’ll also have the opportunity to take control of a double-decker Airbus A380 or a Boeing 777, pitching your flying skills against your peers, in one of the Emirates flight simulators.
Who should attend:
- Retail IT directors and IT managers
- Existing Maginus OMS customers, to discover the benefits of OMS in the cloud
- Simon Dunleavy, Director of Cloud, Maginus
OMS in the Oracle cloud – product introduction and the cloud
Dunleavy will explain Maginus’s cloud-first vision and how it’s helping reduce costs for its customers, accelerate the time-to-market for new customers and features, deliver quicker ROI, enhance cybersecurity and achieve the necessary flexibility to service seasonal trading peaks
- Lawrence Darke, Global Vice President of Product, Cintra
Business transformation: how you need to become a ‘fast fish’ and how cloud underpins modern business success
Darke will introduce the concept of ‘fast fish’ and the need for retailers to be nimble enough to react to the actions of their competitors and act like agile start-ups, to become the disruptor in their industries.Cloud forms the foundations for this agility, and Darke will then introduce Cintra’s proven cloud architecture designs for the Maginus OMS platform, demonstrating how these deliver the necessary high-availability, flexibility, performance and security. He’ll also showcase how existing Maginus OMS customers can move their on-premises application to the cloud in just 90 days.
- Matt George, Senior Manager: Solutions Marketing, Equinix EMEA
How interconnection supports digital transformation in the retail sector
George will explain how retailers and ecommerce companies are using Equinix’s global interconnection platform to transition and grow their businesses into a digital ready state. Showcasing the ability to develop hybrid cloud deployments and build private, secure ecosystems with their partners, customers and supply chains
- Michaela Pattison, Retail Solutions Specialist Director, Oracle
Driving to the cloud – understanding the killer commercials for growth
Pattison will look at the latest developments on Oracle Cloud and the specific benefits to help retail organizations win more business. She will look at retailers who are benefiting from taking a cloud-first approach to adapt, transform and revolutionize their businesses.