Job Title: Associate-Level Oracle Core DBA
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Cintra Software & Services is an established database services provider and Oracle Platinum Partner. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a global presence with offices in the US, UK and India.
We are looking to grow our established expert Oracle DBA team, with an Associate-Level Database Professional. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, has a disciplined approach to their work and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate should be driven and eager to expand their knowledge. They should be able to drive their own skills development through personal learning activities alongside partner provided training and working alongside Senior members of the team.
• The candidate will be a member of a global consulting team, playing a key role in enterprise database architecture projects, including Oracle database builds, upgrades, migrations, support, performance tuning.
• The position involves a mixture of project delivery and support activities. The individual filling this position is expected to provide support incident ownership, resolution of database related issues, maintenance activities, patching, tuning etc
• The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years industry experience with at least 1 being in an Oracle Database support role
• The individual is expected to have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable with direct customer interaction
• The candidate must be able to deliver within agreed timelines, managing and completing projects and support activities within customer expectations SLAs, while proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes
• The individual should be able to conduct changes on enterprise production systems with minimal supervision
• The candidate should be able to contribute to database migrations (including Cross Platform Migrations), tuning, operationalization, and support efforts for Oracle database enterprise environments
• The individual is expected to perform database maintenance and optimizations tasks such as index usage analysis, index management, statistics, partition management, data compression, etc.
• The candidate will carry out performance tuning and optimization, using monitoring and troubleshooting tools including Oracle Enterprise Manager, RDA, Orachk etc
• The candidate will implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using OEM and custom scripts
Necessary Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
• 2+ years of IT Industry experience
• 1+ years of Core Oracle DBA experience
• Previous support/consulting experience preferred
• BS degree in Computing or other related field, or equivalent experience
Advantageous Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Oracle Engineered Systems administration, including Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), ZFS Storage Appliance
• Knowledge of cross platform replication, e.g. GoldenGate
• Knowledge of cloud platforms, including OCI, AWS Azure and GCP
• Knowledge of other databases, including MS SQL, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB
• Knowledge of Oracle applications, including eBusiness Suite and Flexcube
• Knowledge of automation, including use of Ansible
• Experience of database container (CDB) and pluggable (PDB) database administration, snapshot and clone management, etc.
• Award of Oracle certifications
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law