Job Title: Cloud Architect
Location: New York
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Cintra is an enterprise multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud, successfully moving some of the largest applications and database workloads to private and public cloud platforms. The company has a global presence with offices in New York, Dallas, UK, Dubai and India.
We have an immediate need for experienced Cloud Architect to join our talented cloud delivery team based out of New York.
Cloud Architect position responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Cloud architecture solutioning in one or more cloud platforms inc, AWS, OCI or GCP
- Ability to discover and assess on-premises platforms and design equivalent cloud platforms
- Able to lead cloud delivery teams as cloud SME and lead architect
- Manage and develop customer relationships as cloud advisor
- Support cloud presales solutioning
- Maintain a knowledge of cloud production and solutions as a cloud SME
Cloud and Systems Skills Requirements
- Experience in cloud architecture design from concept to logical and physical designs
- Experienced in deployment and configuration of virtual cloud data centers including tenancies, virtual networks, firewalls, load balancers
- Extensive automation skills based on Terraform and Ansible, Saltstack would be a bonus
- Knowledge of cloud concepts including virtual networking, IaaS services, PaaS services
- Programming skills including shell, Python, Go would be a bonus
- Experience writing software that uses Cloud SDKs to manage infrastructure as code
- Robust experience with Linux distributions (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Debian, Ubuntu etc.)
- Networking skills covering DNS, VPNs, WANs, LANs, switching, load balancers and firewalls
- Cloud and systems security skills and knowledge
- Skills in cloud operations including availability/resource monitoring, consumption monitoring
- Management of cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting
- A good understanding of version control, preferably Git & BitBucket
- Systems monitoring with vendor provided and open source monitoring platforms
Optional but Desirable Skills
- Optional exposure to Oracle database, SQL Server and or Postgres/mySQL technologies
- Optional awareness of application middleware technologies such as Tomkat, Jboss
- Exposure to Oracle engineered systems including Exadata, ODA and ZFS
Soft Skills Requirements
- Strong presentation skills to lead discovery, design and solutioning workshops
- The ability to work well with internal and customers facing teams is a requirement.
- Excellent communication – both written and verbal, are very important skills in this role.
- Strong collaboration skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Self-starter able to demonstrate initiative and achieved goals
- Ability to demonstrate outcome based results and task ownership
- Time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in high pressure situation.
Qualifications and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology
3 to 5 years’ experience designing, executing and supporting cloud solutions.
Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.