Job Title: Cloud System Administrator
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Cintra is an enterprise multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud, successfully moving some of the largest applications and database workloads to private and public cloud platforms. The company has a global presence with offices in New York, Dallas, UK, Dubai and India.
We have an immediate need for experienced Cloud System Administrator to join our talented cloud delivery team based in India. In addition to robust infrastructure, cloud and automation experience we are looking for strong self-starters able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
- The position involves a 70/30 split of project delivery activities and 3rd level production support of cloud hosted enterprise application platforms across the OCI, AWS, GCP and Azure cloud platforms.
- The individual will work closely with the rest of the Service Delivery team architects, engineers and DBAs in taking projects from presales stage through delivery to handover into production.
- The role will involve a high degree of autonomy, and it is expected the individual will take ownership of problems and solutions whilst working collaboratively with the rest of the engineering team.
- The individual must be focused on deploying projects within agreed timelines and budgets, managing and resolving issues within customer SLAs and expectations, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their projects or support requests.
- Technically the individual will provide support and solutions engineering across cloud platforms, networking as well as Linux and Windows ecosystems, with a high emphasis on scripting and automation.
- The individual filling this position is expected to provide production support ownership, tracking and resolving cloud and platform infrastructure related tasks.
- The individual will also be responsible for initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- The individual will also take part in the engineering team on-call rota.
Systems Skills Requirements
- 5 or more years’ experience as a Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer with 2 years cloud experience.
- Robust experience with Linux distributions (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Debian, Ubuntu etc.).
- Intermediate working experience with Windows O/S platform and Active Directory.
- Unix/Linux programming skills including shell, Bash, Perl, Python.
- Windows scripting using PowerShell, VBS, VBA.
- Systems automation experience with programming knowledge of Ansible.
- Networking skills covering DNS, VPNs, WANs, LANs, switching, load balancers and firewalls in on premise and cloud environments.
- Systems monitoring with vendor provided and open source monitoring platforms.
- Systems security skills and knowledge.
- Intermediate expertise with virtualization platforms, such as: VMware, XEN, OVM/KVM.
Cloud Skills Requirements
- Experienced in one or more cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP or Oracle OCI clouds.
- Knowledge of cloud concepts including virtual networking, IaaS services, PaaS services.
- Experience in cloud architecture design from concept to logical and physical designs.
- Experienced in deployment and configuration of virtual cloud data centers including tenancies, virtual networks, firewalls, load balancers.
- Skills in cloud operations including availability/resource monitoring, consumption monitoring.
- Management of cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Expertise in cloud automation including Terraform and CloudFormation.
- A good understanding of version control, preferably Git & BitBucket, would be advantageous.
- Cloud security skills and knowledge
Optional Skills Requirements
- Optional exposure to Oracle database, SQL Server and or Postgres/MySQL.
- Awareness of application middleware technologies such as Tomcat, Jboss.
- Exposure to Oracle engineered systems including Exadata, ODA and ZFS.
Soft Skills Requirements
- The ability to work well with internal and customers facing teams is a requirement.
- Communication – both written and verbal – are very important skills in this role.
- Strong collaboration skills and knowledge of collaboration tools.
- Strong self-starter able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
- Time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in high pressure situations.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Education: BE or B.Tech or any other related professional degree preferred.
- Any cloud based certifications – AWS, OCI, GCP, Azure – are desirable.
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.