Job Title: Cloud Systems Administrator
Location: New York
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Cintra is an enterprise multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud, successfully moving some of the largest applications and database workloads to private and public cloud platforms. The company has a global presence with offices in New York, Dallas, UK, Dubai and India.
We have an immediate need for experienced Cloud Systems Administrator to join our talented cloud delivery team based out of New York.
Cloud Systems Administrator position responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
Systems Skills Requirements
- 5 or more years as a systems administrator experience with 2 years of cloud experience
- Robust experience with Linux distributions (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Debian, Ubuntu etc.)
- Exposure and working knowledge of Windows O/S platforms
- Unix programming skills including shell, Korn, Bash, Perl
- Systems automation experience with programming knowledge based on Ansible
- Networking skills covering DNS, VPNs, WANs, LANs, switching, load balancers and firewalls
- Systems monitoring with vendor provided and open source monitoring platforms
- Systems security skills and knowledge
- Intermediate expertise with Virtualization, such as: VMware and/or XEN/OVM
Cloud Skills Requirements
- Experienced in 1 or more cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP or Oracle OCI clouds
- Knowledge of cloud concepts including virtual networking, IaaS services, PaaS services
- Experience in cloud architecture design from concept to logical and physical designs
- Experienced in deployment and configuration of virtual cloud data centers including tenancies, virtual networks, firewalls, load balancers
- Skills in cloud operations including availability/resource monitoring, consumption monitoring
- Management of cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting
- Expertise in cloud automation including Terraform and Ansible
- A good understanding of version control, preferably Git & BitBucket, would be advantageous
- Cloud security skills and knowledge
Optional Skills Requirements
- Optional exposure to Oracle database, SQL Server and or Postgres/mySQL
- Awareness of application middleware technologies such as Tomkat, Jboss
- Exposure to Oracle engineered systems including Exadata, ODA and ZFS
Soft Skills Requirements
- The ability to work well with internal and customers facing teams is a requirement.
- Communication – both written and verbal, are very important skills in this role.
- Strong collaboration skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Self-starter able to demonstrate initiative and achieved goals
- Ability to demonstrate outcome based results and task ownership
- Time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in high pressure situation.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Education: BE or B.Tech or any other related professional degree preferred.
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.