The Incident Manager is a key resource for managing the resolution of technical problems with serious consequences to our customers. This responsibility includes collaborating and partnering with the entire organization to drive action and foster growth. As a member of the Global Support Operations team, the Major Incident Manager is both technically competent and business oriented. The Major Incident Manager must be able to work outside of normal business hours (weekend shifts, holidays, & evenings) as needed. At all times the Major Incident Manager will ensure:
- Task Master: Drive incidents to resolution and ensure accurate and timely customer and executive level communications.
- Driving Force: Ensure the correct resources are working with the help of the Line manager and SDMs on the resolution of major incidents appropriate to the severity and identify when escalation is required and trigger such escalation accordingly
- Process Champion: Ensure that incident management processes are followed and that incident postmortems are completed to capture process deviations and areas for improvements
- Meticulous and Organized: Manage the day-to-day operations of the Managed Services incident response queue in the United States, including addressing incoming escalations from Clients, SDMs and executives. Review incidents to ensure assigned resources are providing proper support to drive resolution as quickly as possible and adhere to Cintra’s incident response process
- Top Notch Communicator: Ensure alignment and sound execution of the incident resolution process, with transparent communication to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Cross-Functional Synergy: Collaborate with counterparts in other regions around the world to ensure that all incidents are worked appropriately under our follow the sun model
- Power of Hindsight and Vision for Foresight: Participate in post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution, and contribute to the improvement of the incident response process based on lessons learned
- Manage incidents from identification to problem resolution and closure within SLA
- Work with the monitoring team to ensure that critical alerts are elevated to incidents
- Organize and facilitate collaboration between multiple teams for effective resolution
- Escalate incidents within support and third-party partner/vendor ensuring proper handoffs and prompt updates
- Work with technology team leads and mangers and create an action plan for issue remediation during incident investigation
- Work as a liaison between technology, business teams and Service Delivery Management
- Assist with change management activities related to Incidents including attendance at CAB meetings
- Handle major incidents Processes including customer liaison and escalation
- Communicate updates to major incidents in a clear and meaningful way.
- Run major incident ‘blameless post-mortem’ sessions identifying gaps and action items for improvements.
- Drive the root cause analysis and produce the MIR & RCA documentation
- Assist in development of Corrective and preventive Actions document (CAPA) including relevant updates to the company WIKI resources and overall knowledge management
- Support continued service improvement activities and attend quality improvement meetings
- Measure and improve process execution by addressing issues identified through KPI’s and observation
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 3 years working as an Incident Manager in a 24x7x365 IT support environment
- Experience in support with crisis management and customer escalation for technical environments
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly at all levels of the Client organization is essential
- 3 years’ experience in a team leadership role working with outside support teams to affect reaching goals
- 3 years working in a Live production support environment
- Strong critical thinking and error assessment capabilities.
- Experience or working knowledge with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, MySQL) and IT infrastructure particularly Cloud
- Experience with ITIL Service Management and Incident Management (minimum ITIL V4 Foundation)
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and adaptable to changing requirements and direction