Job Title: MS-SQL Server DBA
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Cintra Software Private Limited is an established database services provider and Microsoft Partner. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a global presence with offices in the UK, New York, Dallas, Dubai and India.
We are looking to fill a need to grow our established expert SQL Server team with a highly competent and highly motivated individual roles.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a customer service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the projects, problems and requests assigned, focus on managing
and resolving issues within customer SLAs and expectations, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their
projects or support requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
This role requires good communication skills.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server versions 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools for SQL Server running on Physical Servers and Virtual Machines
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server, DB Mirroring, DB Log Shipping and SQL Server Replication
- Experience in implementing SQL Server Operational and Administrative tasks automation using T-SQL scripts
- Experience with SQL Server Instances running on VM Environments
- Knowledge of Indexes, index management, statistics and other DB Maintenance and Optimizations tasks
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Involvement with the MSSQL Server Community; membership in PASS, active in forums or newsgroups.
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- 5 plus years of Oracle DBA experience with strong understanding of database structure
- BS degree in Computing or other related field, or equivalent experience
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law