Job Title: Senior Database/ Middleware Administrator
Location: Bristol/Glasgow/London, UK
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Cintra Corporation UK Limited is an established IT services provider and Oracle Platinum Partner. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a global presence with offices in Bristol, Glasgow, New York, Dallas, India and Dubai.
We are looking to grow our established expert team, with a strong Oracle database and middleware professional, with extensive consulting and production support experience. The role requires experience working in the delivery of enterprise architecture projects such as Oracle database/middleware infrastructure design, builds, upgrades, migrations, support and performance tuning.
The individual must be focused on deploying projects within agreed timelines and budgets, managing and resolving issues within customer SLAs and expectations, establishing and maintaining communication with status of their project assignments and support requests. The individual will also be responsible for initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within established timeframes.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in all aspects of Oracle Database and Middleware platforms, from solution design and configuration to administration, development and deployment of new and existing applications.
- High-availability design, configuration, and maintenance, including clustering and load balancing for databases and middleware.
- Provide technical troubleshooting on complex issues requiring rapid resolution related to Oracle databases and middleware environments.
- Tuning of Oracle database and middleware applications. Develop standards and tuning metrics and alert thresholds.
- Build and test interfaces for SOA integrations (e.g. integrating Oracle EBS via BPEL services) using Oracle Fusion, Middleware, SOA Suite and OSB.
- Lead database migration, tuning, optimization, and support efforts for Oracle RDBMS 11g, 12c and 18c and higher enterprise environments
- Design and implement Oracle’s High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) using RAC and Data Guard – Snapshot, Physical and Logical standby
- Design and implement data replication strategies using replication technologies such as Active Data Guard and GoldenGate as well as other third-party tools
- Design and implement database security solutions, including Oracle database security options
- Support the design and development of the enterprise data warehouse
- Establish and apply best practices, to ensure successful implementation of solution designs through collaborative project team communication, planning documentation, system testing, and defect resolution.
- Work to identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet program goals and deliverable objectives
- BS degree in Computing or other related field, or equivalent qualification
- 8+ years of experience as an Oracle Middleware Administrator, including Weblogic, SOA, Forms/Reports and other Fusion Middleware Products.
- 8+ years of Oracle DBA experience with strong understanding of database structure, theories, principles and practices
- 5+ years hands on experience with SQL Scripting and PL/SQL.
Good to have skills
- Experience in implementation and administration of Apex, OBIEE and Discoverer
- Experience of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Exadata CS, Oracle Analytic Cloud, JCS, SOACS, etc
- Proven experience delivering enterprise-wide BI, analytics, performance management and data warehouse solutions using a solution delivery methodology framework
- Configuration of LDAP and SSO for fusion middleware and fusion middleware-based products such as OBIEE, BI Publisher and UCM.
- Development experience in Forms/Reports and/or APEX
- Oracle EBS technology, administration, patching and functional experience
- Other Oracle Apps experience, including FlexCube, Hyperion, Web Center, Sibel, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards
- Oracle Engineered Systems administration experience, including Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), ZFS Storage Appliance (ZFS) etc
- Oracle certified professional (OCP) or higher
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Experience of automation techniques and tools, particularly Python, Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with FMW performance tuning against an Oracle Exadata database platform
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law