Cintra Software Private Limited is an established database services provider and Oracle Platinum Partner. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a global presence with offices in the UK, New York, Dallas, Dubai and India.
We are looking to grow our established expert Oracle DBA team, with a strong database professional with extensive consulting and production support experience. The role requires experience working in the delivery of enterprise database architecture projects such as Oracle database infrastructure design, builds, upgrades, migrations, support and performance tuning.
The position involves a mixture of production support and project delivery activities. The individual filling this position is expected to provide production support ownership, tracking and resolving database related tasks. Additionally, fulfilling requests, resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis, to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs. The individual will also be expected to deliver enterprise-class database solutions including Database 12c, RAC, Data Guard, and GoldenGate to the highest standards. The individual will be a member of a global consulting team.
The Oracle DBA is expected to be a customer service oriented individual. The individual must be focused on deploying projects within agreed timelines and budgets, managing and resolving issues within customer SLAs and expectations, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their projects or support requests. The individual will also be responsible for initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Lead database migration, tuning, optimization, and support efforts for Oracle RDBMS 10gR2, 11gR1, 11gR2, and 12c enterprise environments
- Design and implement Oracle’s High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) using RAC and Data Guard – Snapshot, Physical and Logical standby
- Design and implement data replication strategies using replication technologies such as Active Data Guard and GoldenGate as well as other third-party tools
- Performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools for Oracle
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Perform database maintenance and Optimizations tasks such as index usage analysis, index management, statistics, partition management, data compression, etc.
- Design and implement processes for database backups, restores and recovery models
- Design and implement database security solutions, including Oracle database security options
- Database architecture design, including optimal server and storage design
- Design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using OEM 12c and custom scripts
Good to have skills
- Goldengate administration and integration
- Oracle Engineered Systems administration experience, including Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), ZFS Storage Appliance (ZFS), etc
- Oracle certified professional (OCP) or higher
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- 6 plus years of Oracle DBA experience with strong understanding of database structure, theories, principles and practices
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Preferred Degrees: MCA (Master of Computer Application), B.Tech (Bachlore of Technology), B.E. (Bachlore of Engineering), M.Tech (Master of Technology)
Please attach resume with your application.