Job Title: Senior Oracle DBA
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Cintra Software & Services is an established database services provider and Oracle Platinum Partner.
The company is growing at a fast pace and has a global presence with offices in the
UK, New York, Dallas and India.
We are looking to grow our established expert Oracle DBA team, with a strong database professional with extensive consulting and production support experience.
We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated and has strong experience. The ideal candidate will bring
both technical expertise, hands-on understanding of business process and operations.
• The delivery of enterprise database architecture projects such as Oracle database
infrastructure design, builds, upgrades, migrations, support and performance tuning
• The position involves a mixture of production support and project delivery activities
• The individual filling this position is expected to provide production support ownership,
tracking and resolving database related tasks
• Additionally, fulfilling requests, resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related
reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis, to ensure
service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLA
• The individual will also be expected to deliver enterprise-class database solutions
including Database 19c,12c, RAC, Data Guard, GoldenGate
• The individual must be expert delivering Oracle engineered systems (Exadata, ODA, ZFS)
to the highest standards. The individual will be a member of a global consulting team
• The Oracle DBA is expected to be a customer service oriented individual
• The individual must be focused on deploying projects within agreed timelines and
budgets, managing and resolving issues within customer SLAs and expectations,
establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated
with status of their projects or support requests
• The individual will also be responsible for initiating and performing changes on
production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within
the established timeframes
• Lead database migration (Including Cross Platform Migrations), tuning,
operationalization, and support efforts for Oracle RDBMS 11gR1, 11gR2, and 12c
• Design and implement Oracle’s High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle database including, RAC and Data Guard Design and implement data replication strategies using replication technologies such as Active Data Guard and GoldenGate
• Third-party tools Learn and support Oracle private cloud for database environments
including database container (CDB) and pluggable (PDB) database administration,
snapshot and clone management, multitenant architecture design, etc.
• Perform database maintenance and Optimizations tasks such as index usage analysis,
index management, statistics, partition management, data compression, etc.
• Troubleshooting and resolving database problems
• Performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting
tools for Oracle Design and implement processes for database backups, restores and recovery models Design and implement database security solutions
• Oracle database security options Database architecture design, including optimal server
and storage design
• Design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts,
and notifications using OEM 12c and custom scripts
Necessary Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
• 10 plus years of Oracle DBA experience
• Strong understanding of database structure, theories, principles and practices Oracle
• Oracle Engineered Systems administration experience, including Exadata, Oracle
Database Appliance (ODA), ZFS Storage Appliance (ZS), etc. is preferred
• Previous consulting experience is preferred
• BS degree in Computing or other related field, or equivalent experience
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by law.