Cintra is an enterprise multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud, successfully moving some of the largest applications and database workloads to private and public cloud platforms. The company has a global presence with offices in New York, Dallas, UK, and India.
We are looking to grow our established expert PostgreSQL DBA team, with a strong database professional with extensive consulting and production support experience. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated and has strong experience. The ideal candidate will bring both technical expertise, hands-on understanding of business processes and operations.
• Responsible for understanding operational requirements including hardware,
architecting, configuring, integrating, and maintaining mission-critical Production
• Responsible for all PostgreSQL backup, recovery, PITR replication.
• Experience on community-supported tools like Pgbadger, PGadmin, Pgpool, Pgbouncer.
• Clusters and upgrading/migrating various PostgreSQL database version on various
platform including Cloud and On-premises.
• Database administration and tuning of PostgreSQL databases on Open
source/enterprise platform like EDB.
• Cluster and database automation using Ansible, terraform or equivalent tools.
• Provide technical guidance for planning, design, development, integration, and
testing of PostgreSQL production systems/databases.
• Support several Open-Source technologies including PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB.
• Install, configure, upgrade and patching for Postgres and other open-source
• Contribute to improving and creating DBA policies, procedures, and standards.
• Experience with Database Migration tools like AWS SCT/DMS or Ora2pg.
• Experience with Database Migration tools like GCP/Azure DMS.
• Plan, develop and implement processes and procedures for database backup and
• Analyze, document and present database hardware and technology requirements.
• Continually improve database administration standards, guidelines, and procedures.
• Review database development activities to assure conformance with design
• Database monitoring and administration using shell/python coding.
• The individual filling this position is expected to provide production support
ownership, tracking, and resolving database related tasks.
• Additionally, fulfilling requests, resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing
service-related reports (e.g., database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a
daily basis, to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within
• The position involves a mix of production support and project delivery activities.
• The individual will also be responsible for initiating and performing changes on
production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved
within the established timeframes.
• Design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting,
alerts, and notifications using custom scripts (Shell/Python/Ansible).
• Experience working on any Public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, OCI or GCP) is
• Experience of Infrastructure as code tool like Terraform or equivalent is good to
• Knowledge of Linux/storage/network is good to have.
Necessary Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
• 15 plus years of core DBA experience.
• Experience with multiple relational databases including PostgreSQL.
• Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL and Oracle Internals.
• Automation using Ansible or similar tool is preferred.
• Bachelor’s in computer science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• A deep understanding of data replication with experience in at least one
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience coding in shell and Python is must.
• Knowledge of DevOps CI/CD tools like Jenkins, AWS Code deploy good to have.
• Knowledge of Postgres on EDB or AWS RDS/Aurora or other cloud platform is
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.