Large finserv organization migrates its reporting capability to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Cintra architects cloud platform using Amazon Relational Database Service (AWS RDS), then delivers the transformation, boosting security, cutting operational costs and simplifying Oracle licensing for the customer.
As part of a strategic modernization program, a US independent financial services organization had to overhaul its product and service portfolio to ensure it continued to meet customer needs.
Defining the vision
Based on the customer’s requirements, we established and agreed the following goals for the cloud move:
- Deliver high levels of reporting performance
- Add disaster recovery capability
- Optimize the cost of the platform today, while having the ability to scale as data volumes and workload demands increased
- Simplify its Oracle licensing arrangements
- Minimize production downtime during cutover
- Deliver enterprise-grade security
- Reduce operational management costs
- Cintra architected a cost-effective AWS RDS platform to meet the customer’s service level requirements
- Use of AWS RDS for Oracle license-included has simplified client’s commercial arrangements
- Transition from on-prem to cloud resulted in a 50% reduction in operational management costs