Cintra takes three critical ED&F Man applications to Oracle Cloud
ED&F Man is a global commodities merchant operating in 55 countries. Various of its divisions and locations are underpinned by two bespoke trading systems, running on Oracle databases. ED&F Man was also using Oracle E-Business Suite as its ERP solution in part of its business.
The technology underpinning the two trading applications and Oracle E-Business Suite was approaching end-of-life and needed replacing. ED&F Man brought in Cintra to assist on the journey, with the key aims being to:
- Avoid the significant capital expenditure of purchasing new hardware
- Reduce the ongoing operational cost of managing its own technology
- Upgrade its disaster recovery (DR) capability, with active failover
- Proactively ensure the move was delivered before its busy year-end
Cintra recommended Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as the most cost-effective way to meet ED&F Man’s requirements. Cintra then architected a high-availability, extreme-performance and security-hardened platform, provisioned the virtual data center and cloud environments, and delivered a successful migration.
This was followed by a 24×7 managed service, covering the Oracle Cloud platform, and Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Cintra architects high-availability Oracle Cloud platform for three applications
- On-time delivery ensures ED&F Man goes into its busy year-end period on the new platform
- Complete managed services from Cintra simplify platform and application support and maintenance
“Cintra designed and built a robust platform for the three applications. The subsequent managed services have been invaluable in ensuring these key parts of our business have continued to serve us, while enabling our in-house teams to focus on delivering the ERP transition.”
Glyn Turner, Head of Global Technology Services at ED&F Man