Upon acquisition by the Itochu Corporation in 2011, Kwik Fit was charged with introducing a new Point of Sale system to be used both within the company and elsewhere within the Itochu group. With an urgent need to assess and evaluate their architecture options, upgrade the Oracle infrastructure, refresh hardware and provide a high availability strategy, Kwik Fit approached Cintra, for architectural guidance.
Cintra performed a detailed assessment of both Kwik Fit’s existing production architecture and the Point of Sale application requirements. Focusing on performance, workload and business metrics for the new architecture.
The key drivers were upgrades, performance, availability, scalability and consolidation. Cintra proposed an overall multi-site redundant architecture based on the Oracle Database Appliance. To facilitate rapid backups, provide future scope for an Information Lifecycle Management policy and database cloning, Cintra proposed the ZFS Storage Appliance as a key element of the solution.
- Cintra is the only Oracle Platinum Partner specialized on the Database Appliance
- Cintra’s blueprinted delivery ensured a low risk deployment
- Cintra’s expert knowledge ensured a complete and accurate configuration first time
- Cintra’s expert knowledge of Oracle ensured a high performance, highly available solution
- Cintra’s balance of benefits, cost and blueprinted approach provided the optimal solution complimented by expert services
“Cintra’s rapid delivery of our new Oracle architecture has provided us with a high performance and high availability architecture suited to supporting business-critical systems. The pre-optimized benefits of the appliances provide us with improvements in performance allowing us to meet our clients’ demands. I’ve been very impressed with Cintra’s skills, commitment to results and professionalism.”
Andy Corley, Head of IT, Kwik Fit